What's New at Data Center World
We all know it's essential to keep up with the day-to-day management of the data center. Still, staying informed about what lies over the horizon that might seriously impact your data center's performance is also critical. Stay ahead of the curve, and prepare to manage people, processes, and technologies in new and innovative ways.
Here's what to expect at Data Center World:
- Focusing on the Future - From the Metaverse and Virtual Reality to Liquid Cooling, we'll share ways to apply future technologies to modern use-cases
- Data Centers Up Close & Personal - We're excited to share Site Tours will be on the schedule; stay tuned for more details
- New! Certified Data Center Professional Training. This 2-day course is designed to expose participants to the key components of the data center.
- Careers, Networking, and+ Development - We will hear from, literally, the future of the data center industry. This year's conference will offer new sessions, workshops, and internship opportunities.
- Data Center BUILD - In its second year, this 2-day summit at Data Center World is dedicated around data center construction and design, from site-selection to material procurement to implementation.
- Omdia Analyst Summit - The AI Data Center – Evolution or Revolution? is the hot topic of 2024. The Summit features expert data center and cloud Analysts who will cover the latest technical observations and market forecasts and a deep dive into what data center operators should bear in mind as they address the unprecedented demand for AI.
- Expanded Expo Hall Hours - So many exhibitors, so little time! You asked for more time to visit with exhibitors and we're making this happen. With over 200+ solution providers to meet with and learn from, expanded expo hours will enable you to visit with all of them!
- PowerUp Program - Due to tremendous success, Data Center World is excited to bring back the PowerUp Program for a third consecutive year. This initiative educates and motivates students currently in technical or electrical fields of study.
Whether you are an industry veteran or new to the market, the learning and networking opportunities at Data Center World will give you the skills and insight that put you at the leading edge of the industry. Data Center World delivers emerging concepts, sound advice and best practices to address today's urgent challenges and help data center leaders stay at the forefront of the industry.
The AI Data Center – Evolution or Revolution? – An Omdia Analyst Summit
The hot topic in the data center industry is artificial intelligence (AI) but does every data center operator need to invest in the headline-grabbing server clusters and infrastructure needed to train large language models? AI science is evolving fast with a distinct focus on efficiency and accelerated AI training. Data center operators need to find the balance between prematurely overspending on white elephant projects and quickly capturing the end-user demand for AI applications. During the 2024 event expect to see the team’s latest technical observations and market forecasts, and a deep dive into what data center operators should bear in mind as they address the unprecedented demand for AI.
Connecting Data Center Operators, Designers and Builders
When: Wednesday, April 17 (1:00 pm - 4:30 pm & Thursday, April 18 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Building a data center is a highly complex, multi-year, multi-billion-dollar business with tremendous risk and potential rewards for each decision.
Data Center BUILD is a two-day construction and design summit that will bring together operators, decision-makers, experts & implementers to help you drive smart decisions for data center growth. This executive-level summit provides you with the information and connections you need to design and build your data center.
Certified Data Center Professional Training Course
When: Sunday, April 14 and Monday, April 15 from 8:30am to 4:30pm (Lunch included)
Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Cost: $2,099, AFCOM Members receive 15% discount
The CDCP® (Certified Data Center Professional) is a 2-day course is designed to expose participants to the key components of the data center.
CDCP® training will address how to setup and improve key aspects such as power, cooling, security, cabling, safety etc. to ensure a high-available data center. CDCP® training will also address key operations and maintenance aspects.
Sustainability – An Entirely New Approach and Discussion
The discussion around sustainability only continues to evolve. Now more than ever, entire teams, compensation structures, and even corporate leadership are focusing on sustainability.
Yes, we've discussed this in the past. But this year is different because we'll discuss real solutions, how sustainability will impact your facilities, and new approaches to create a greener future. Get ready to discuss new technologies, sustainable financing, and what future sustainable designs will look like. Natural resources are scarce. For the first time, we'll discuss how we as an industry are focusing on new solutions like water sustainability, power research, new battery solutions, and even nuclear-powered data centers!
Data Centers – Up Close and Personal
Have you noticed just how unique and active the data center industry is today? Mergers, acquisitions, and unparalleled growth are all happening in this space. Why is this all happening? Because data centers are really cool! And what better way to experience that coolness than being up close and personal with a real-life data center! Haven't seen one in person yet? This is your chance! We'll be doing site tours with some of the most advanced data centers in the market!
A New Focus on Careers, Networking, and Development
The future of the data center is bright, diverse, and inclusive. However, it'll take ALL of you to get to that better place. This year we'll hear from, literally, the future of the data center industry. New sessions, workshops, and even internship opportunities will be available at this year's conference. We'll hear what's important, how to get the best talent into the data center space, and – this the cool part – we're partnering with schools and universities to make a real difference! The PowerUp Program, returning for a third consecutive year, introduces the many careers available in the data center industry to a group of young adults who are currently in technology or other industry-related programs of study. You'll hear about all-new programs in schools, how you can get involved, and where you can turn for young and talented people to help fill your data centers!
Sustainable Debt and New Investments in the Data Center Industry
Our industry is growing faster than ever before. In one day alone, we saw two of the largest mergers ever in the data center space. This year, we're expanding the conversation to a new topic. Sustainable debt, investments, and ESG. This year's conference will have more investors, capital finance leaders, and people who are very interested in learning how sustainable debt will impact the future of the data center industry. Specifically, we'll discuss which sustainable solutions will significantly impact investments and growth in the data center space. You won't want to miss these conversations!
Discover Solutions Providers
Network with hundreds of data center experts and leading solution providers and uncover all the latest technology must-haves for your company.
Explore the expo floor and meet with vendors exhibiting hundreds of products and services that can help you identify the best technology solutions to improve your data center management strategy. Learn what’s new in the industry and compare your options to ensure that you make the best purchasing decision for your company.