Data Center World's Commitment to Sustainability
We are committed to positively impacting people and the planet, and we seek to play a role in helping to solve the significant challenges of the future.
Top Ways You Can Support Sustainability at This Event
- Reduce and recycle your waste onsite
- Use reusable coffee cups and water bottles
- Avoid food waste
- Only take the giveaways or brochures you need and will use, and consider engaging with digital alternatives
- Support our purposeful initiatives: Power UP Program, Women in Data Center Summit, Women in Data Center Reception
What We're Doing
Data Center World’s parent company, Informa, aims to become carbon neutral, halve our waste and save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025, as a stepping stone to being zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier.
- We make sustainable procurement choices
- We use almost all 100% recycled materials for our signs
- We’ve eliminated plastic water bottles in meeting rooms in favor of using reusable water bottles
- We’ve eliminated paper speaker evaluations in favor of electronic feedback forms
- We have removed aisle carpet to reduce waste and use recycled and multi-use carpets in our Expo Hall
Data Center World Cares About Your Well-Being
We care about you and your well-being, and have designed opportunities for you to regroup and reset.
Data Center Build Lounge – Take a break from the event by connecting with attendees or charging your phone
Healthy Meal Options and Hydration Breaks
Water Refill Stations throughout the venue
Nursing/Quiet Room for privacy and rest
- It can be tough being on your feet all day, so wear comfortable shoes and take regular breaks.
- Stay hydrated throughout the event with regular water breaks!
If you require special assistance, please visit Registration.
We Champion Diversity & Inclusion
Data Center World’s goal is to ensure all attendees feel welcome and included at our event.
Here are a few Diversity and Inclusion initiatives as well as our efforts to support the next generation of data center professional:
Power Up Program – We host students from high schools from lower socioeconomic areas of Austin, briefing them on the Data Center profession, touring them around the expo hall, and helping guide them on how they can pursue a career in data centers.
Women in Data Centers – Workshop and Reception: We support a half day dedicated workshop focusing on the unique interests of women working in Data Centers. This is followed by a reception open to all event attendees – helping reinforce the importance of attracting more women into this field.
Innovation Challenge: DCW supports emerging technology solutions through this ‘Shark Tank of the Data Center’ competition. The start-up competition offers valuable publicity, access to targeted networking, and mentorship by the judges.
Speaker Diversity – We are committed to hearing from a diverse range of speakers who reflect the variety of experiences of the data center community
Pronoun Tags – Options during attendee badge pick up