Emerging IT & Data Center Technologies
This track focuses on IT advancements that have recently begun to, or will soon, impact the data center, providing a practical look at emerging technologies and processes. The topics listed below may drive improved management of your data center (i.e. advanced cooling and heat transfer) or they may be presenting power and cooling challenges in your data center (i.e. GPU and next-generation processing). Either way, we’ll have the experts here to assist as you navigate changing technologies.
- AI, machine learning
- Hyperscale computing
- Blockchain enabled solutions
- Silicon photonics
- GPU and next-generation processing
- Advanced cooling and heat transfer
- Programmable data centers
- Advanced battery and power technologies
- Product roadmaps for compute, storage & networking equipment
- Implications of advanced IT on power, space & cooling
Design, Build, Operate, Control
This conference track explores how companies are designing and building out their data center architectures for maximum efficiency and performance. We’ll include topics on outfitting and maintaining a data center, as well as monitoring operations of assets, and provide expert advice across the spectrum of data center management.
- Build, upgrade, retrofit
- Site selection
- Capacity planning or optimization
- Predictive & prescriptive maintenance
- Change management
- Operational analytics
- Software tools: DCIM, APM, EMS, BAS, etc.
- Disaster recovery/business continuity
- Modular, skid
- Edge / 5G
Colocation, Hyperscale, and Cloud Innovation
Data Center World explores the latest information on colocation, edge computing, cloud strategies and on-premise architectures. We’ll also include topics on application development, systems integration, and workload management.
- On-premise integration with cloud & colocation
- Colocation provider selection criteria
- Edge computing planning and management
- Hyperconverged infrastructure
- Colocation planning and management
- Managed services
- Power as a service
- Water as a service
- Provider sustainability metrics
- Tier based pricing
- Software defined data center
- Workload Repatriation
- Private cloud
Sustainability & Mission Critical Facilities Management
In this track, Data Center World covers the important issues that impact management of a sustainable mission-critical facility including how data center operators consume and conserve energy. We’ll also cover topics that address data center facilities management, real estate, physical security, safety, cooling, power consumption, and more.
- Cooling techniques
- Power consumption, electrical/mechanical, target distribution
- Water usage
- Renewable resources, sustainability
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) impact on data centers
- Physical/site security
- Decommissioning legacy equipment, electronic waste, responsible disposal
- Rate reduction programs (grants, rebates)
- Circular economy
- Cable and wiring
- Heat transfer and ducts
Need a Deeper Dive into Data Center Construction and Design?
Data Center BUILD is a two-day construction and design summit at Data Center World that will bring together operators, decision-makers, experts & implementers to help you drive smart decisions for data center growth. This executive-level summit will provide the information and connections you need to design and build your data center.